[pct-l] Hiker town to Walker Pass

Mel Tungate mel at tungate.com
Tue Apr 7 11:20:11 CDT 2015

I just walked 454 to 566, and I can help with that part.

517 is Hikertown.  From 517 to 535 you are walking entirely on roads, or at
least roads within a few feet.  Dirty dusty roads, but roads all the way (
even if some of them are next to the aqueduct and might not be official
roads ).

535 ( Cottonwood Creek ) to about 540 or so are thru the windmills, and have
roads all the way ( or at least very close ).

540 or so to 549 is remote - no roads in any way.

549 has a road that comes within a few feet of the trail.  It might be a
private road - I don't know.

549 to 556 or so - no roads.

556 - 558 roads are close.  558 is Tehachipi Willow Springs Road

558 - 566 roads are basically next to the trail, or the trail is on roads.
566 is Hwy 58.  One is a private road, the rest are windmill roads.

>From 566 to Walker:  I have not walked this, but the maps show few if any
roads.

Please note that windmill roads are technically private.  They might chase
you, but I doubt it.

I hope this helped.

Mel