[pct-l] Map and Compass

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:20:45 CDT 2014

It was map and compass in '94 too. The trail was finished.  All the new apps,GPS etc are fun and at times reassuring. But, as I just experienced on the CDT in the San Juan's, I could be standing right on trail next to a 813 post and the GPS told me I was not "on trail ". I also experienced the GPS showing me on trail--the trail did not exist. It was back to looking at paper map to find out where I really was. Obviously I found my way out.
Map and compass courses are priceless
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone