[pct-l] Disrespect of the PCT

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 14:39:20 CDT 2014

While I am all for emphasizing that common courtesy, being
respectful and not trashing a place are things we can agree on…
I find this “A pox on the Millennials!” a bit troublesome.

Baby Boomers were drug addled hippies…
Gen Xers were sullen, cynical slackers…
Gen Y and Millennials are entitled and can’t wipe their own
nose…

All the above are broad generalizations that really aren't that accurate.

Perhaps not historically accurate but this quote attributed to Socrates seems apt:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

I think as the long trails gained popularity, the sheer numbers of a-holes goes up.

Nothing to do with a generational thing.

You all sound like Archie Bunker talking about the hippies! ;)

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
www.pmags.com
twitter.com/pmagsco
facebook.com/pmags