[pct-l] PCT SoBo 2014;

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Mar 31 12:27:23 CDT 2014

Snow Advanced Course just for PCT 2014 SoBo hikers from Harts Pass to Monument 78 to Rainy Pass near the end of June may be available!

Mountain Education will teach the snow skills you need to know how to do along the trail for PCT SoBo hikers this year if there are enough people interested. We have been considering the need for this instruction since we got back from our two Snow Basics Courses in Washington earlier this month. Many of our students on those trips inquired about the possibility, the mountain-wise locals who know the trail and the anticipated snow conditions on it for this June/July encouraged it, and we have been talking about it over at the Facebook page, PCT SoBo 2014 ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1378554602401012/ )(lots of related pictures...).

Would anyone be interested in such skills instruction at the beginning of their SoBo trip this year when the steep trail is still covered in snow?

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
www.mountaineducation.org