[pct-l] Ursack in SoCal?

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:04:27 CDT 2014

You will likely see bear sign in the Tehachapi to Walker Pass area, if not a bear or two in person. But you are unlikely to need an ursack or any other anti-bear measures. They are fairly timid. I don't recall seeing any sign of bears in the San Gabriels but my memory could be fuzzy. I'm sure they are there. It's just not really much of a problem.