[pct-l] Post offices hold packages for only 15 days?

Simon Deleersnyder simon.deleersnyder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 16:33:15 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I just read on the PCTA website that post offices only have to hold
packages for 15 days. How is it then possible that people prepare all of
their food in advance and then ship it to the different post offices along
the trail BEFORE they start?

Also, I think that most hikers ship their snow equipment (whether it's
necessary or not this year) to Kennedy Meadows before they start the trail.
So this package will be there fore 2 months, isn't that a problem as well?

And in Ashland, and Cascade Locks it's the same problem I guess since most
of the hikers prepare all of their Oregon packages in Ashland, and all of
their Washington packages in Cascade Locks. This means that you have to
cross both Oregon and Washington in 15 days each?

Simon