[pct-l] SIERRA WATER...Filters & Giardia

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:47:06 CDT 2014

Same here. I stopped filtering water in the Sierras (such a pain in the rear). I only treated lake water in Oregon, but not creek water. I filtered/treated nothing at all in Washington, nothing on the CDT in the Winds, nothing in Glacier, nothing in the backcountry behind Santa Barbara. Sometimes I filter the water through my bandana. The ONLY time I've ever been sick is after I used my pocket knife to cut some cantaloupe. Same pocket knife I'd used on my feet. I was extremely sick for exactly 48 hours. I've eaten pre-cut fruit handed to me by bare-handed Indian ladies in India and didn't get sick. My feet are grosser than hands, apparently.