[pct-l] Do we need a GPS unit and coats

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:19:16 CDT 2014

I never wore my down jacket on the PCT except inside my sleeping bag I would drape it over my hips or in town where I would get cold. And the only places I was ever cold in my sleeping bag were in So Cal and in the Sierras if I camped near water. I never got cold on trail. I completed my hike at the end of August so I can't say what September and beyond is like.

I'd say the items you listed are warm enough.