[pct-l] Conditions around Lake Tahoe

Michelle rayvenwahine at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 11:00:35 CDT 2014

I just returned from a half-trip around the Tahoe Rim Trail. The east side of the lake is drier than usual with several of the “sure” water sources either dry or barely a trickle. The west side is wet, marshy, and at the height of mosquito infestation. I was getting swarmed no matter what time of day; it was brutal. It was a main factor in my decision to exit the trail at Echo Chalet. I plan to finish the Rim Trail later in the Summer after mosquito season, but if you hike any of the zillion trails on the east side, you should be ok!