[pct-l] Carson WA Store

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Jun 29 08:52:56 CDT 2014

I just hiked the 35 trail miles of WA section H from Panther Creek
campground south to Cascade Locks, OR last week.  Most hikers seem to prefer
the shorter 14 mile road walk, especially northbound.

Contrary to earlier reports, the Wind River Market just north of Carson
along the Wind River highway IS OPEN.

I don't know if they'll hold packages, but you could ask and find out their
hours of operation. The last time I was there - 4 years ago - a hiker could
re-supply at the store fairly easily. It would sure make the first 7 miles
of that road walk a lot easier.

Wind River Market
11 Carson Frontage Rd
Carson, WA 98610
(509) 427-5565

YELP Review of Sept 2011:
A great find! A cute but modern little store with a surprisingly complete
inventory. A real grocery store with a country flair and just about
everything you need for a camping trip, weekly groceries, quick snack or a
full meal. If your hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, or a local needing
provisions, if they don't have it, you probably don't need it. And they do
have a great selection of microbrews!

Alternatively, there is a post office along that same road. note that it is
closed on the weekends.

1182 WIND RIVER RD
CARSON, WA 98610-3298

Mon-Fri