[pct-l] Thru-hikers just south of Sonora Pass

Josie josie1066 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 08:38:25 CDT 2014

If anyone is interested--in preparation for a CDT section hike, we were on a shake-down hike from Leavitt Meadows to Leavitt Lake (Sonora Pass area) this weekend and ran into quite a few through hikers. On Sat. June 21, we met Slacker, Cheeby-Cheeby, Loveline, Papa Squat and then Halfmile and Deb all just North of Dorothy Lake. Halfmile was carrying some impressive looking mapping gear and told us they have a blog at lon.net. Then on Sunday, Luke (aka Last Man Standing) who assured us his brother Zack was behind him. We didn’t meet him but we met Dan (who my husband, tagged “Grim”-- he was a bit dour). Later in the day and a bit further north we ran into Sando and Ms. Frissle. There were a number of other people we didn’t talk to who were also thrus. This was on a very short section on the PCT, maybe a mile or two at most, so there seem to be a lot of people coming through that area just now.

Then, I am embarrassed to say that our hike loop turned into a giant horse shoe and we would have had a long road walk had not Brick’s friend David from Modesto (he said to say “hi!’) given us a ride back to our car. We had a spectacular and exciting 2-day hike.

Jo