[pct-l] Lost Wedding Ring -- Charlotte Lake (~Mile 789)

Hikin' Jim hikin.jim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:23:48 CDT 2014

If anyone is going by Charlotte Lake (less than a mile off the PCT, at
about mile 789), I lost a man's titanium wedding ring there about a week
ago.  It's  just Ti, so no great monetary value, but of course it has
sentimental value to me personally.  I'm offering a $100 cash reward for
your time and trouble.  I'll put down below some clues as to where I
believe it is.  If you'll be in that area, please take a look.  :)

1.  The ring was lost at the west end of Charlotte Lake in the flatish
forested area seen in the right hand side of this photo.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MB0kE7Ajv4Q/U5mwxvEsknI/AAAAAAAAyVs/0QCZFTK-2U0/s1024/DSC07598-PANO.jpg
<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MB0kE7Ajv4Q/U5mwxvEsknI/AAAAAAAAyVs/0QCZFTK-2U0/s1024/DSC07598-PANO.jpg%5B/img%5D>
2.  Nearby were two brown/tan large Knaack brand jobsite type tool chests,
presumably used for food storage by horse packers.  These are not the bear
lockers that the NPS puts into place.  Here's a sample photo, below.  I was
just east (30 yards?) of the tool chests in a flat area *above* the trail.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qcK_XoFTLzA/U5trtzkUtTI/AAAAAAAAyTA/eda0X8uZAnk/s512/Knaack_Tool_Box.jpg
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qcK_XoFTLzA/U5trtzkUtTI/AAAAAAAAyTA/eda0X8uZAnk/s512/Knaack_Tool_Box.jpg%5B/img%5D>
3.  Here's a map link to a topo map showing the approximate location of the
Knaack tool chests and the ring which I set down on top of a rock.  You'll
have to zoom in a couple of clicks to make sense of the map.  Note that the
location of the trail as shown on the USGS map is incorrect.  I've placed a
dashed line on the map to indicate the actual route of the trail
(approximately).
http://caltopo.com/map?id=7061 <http://caltopo.com/map?id=7061][u]map>

I'd love it if someone were able to find it.

Thanks,

HJ