[pct-l] TAs in Cascade Locks

Roger Carpenter roger at elkpass.com
Thu Jun 5 14:21:23 CDT 2014

The public transit details for a trip from Srevenson to the PDX airport:

Skamania Co. Public Transit bus (5:25 am or 4:35 pm M-F; or 10:50 am Friday only); catch bus in center of town; they also have weekend service until mid-October 4 times each weekend day.  Check the Skamania County WA website for details on stops along the PCT.  Take the bus to Fishers Landing Transit Center in Vancouver, about 1 hour 15 minutes from Stevenson.

From Fishers Landing catch the C Tran bus #65 with trips every 15 minutes until 7:20 pm to the Parkrose/Sumner transit center, 12 minute ride.

Finally, the Trimet MAX light rail RED LINE runs frequently from Parkrose TC to the Portland Airport.  I live in Portland and love taking MAX to the airport!

The trip involves 3 different transit systems and 3 different fares, about $2.00 or $2.50 for each leg.  Carry lots of exact change!

BTW there is a local bus with infrequent service from Cascade Locks OR to Hood River, where you can catch Greyhound to downtown Portland.  This would be good for catching Amtrak to your final destination, but you can get to downtown easier by catching any of the MAX trains going toward downtown from Parkrose TC.

Roger Carpenter
Portland / PCT 96
(From mobile)