[pct-l] Harts pass conditions

Jes Shap raztaz2000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:42:58 CDT 2014

Hey southbounder Jes chiming in here, I thought any potential southbound
hikers might like to know about the conditions on harts pass. The road is
open and our Outback made it across the creek crossings and tree debris to
the campground pretty easily. The forest service desk and phone agents
think the road is gated 10 miles out but that gate was open when I was
there on 6/13 and 6/14. There is about 2' of snow on the trail and it's
been raining and foggy. The snow is soft. Talked to Ned Tibbits up there,
his appraisal is that the western aspects are better, safer, and I think we
agreed that much but not all of the trail can be traveled without snow
shoes. Good luck!