[pct-l] New Mountain Education videos on YouTube!

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Jul 3 20:30:30 CDT 2014

Here is a quick review of the recent "Mountain Education" thread.

Ned posted something.

Matt Signore responded claiming that Neds outfit was dangerous -
citing a accident, not legal, and unfairly competed with legitimate
guiding services because it lacked permits, insurance and agreements
that are required of a commercial outfit.

Bill Weber, the hiker who was injured in the accident referenced by
Matt jumped in to defend Ned, and seemed annoyed that the accident was
used in this way. A whole bunch of other people also defended Ned.

The only other member who posted on Matt's side was Yogi, but it is
not surprising, considering this page on her site
http://www.yogisbooks.com/new-page/

IANAL so I don't have any opinion on the intricacies of when donations
cross the line into payment, or when non profits become commercial
operations, nor on NPS and USFS rules for running commercial
operations on federal land. I'll leave that to the lawyers and judges,
if anyone files a complaint against Ned.

I really don't think there is any more to be learned from beating this
dead horse.

Can't we all just get along?