[pct-l] Canister Stoves

John Coyle jcoyle at sanjuan.edu
Tue Jan 28 08:36:09 CST 2014

The canister stove I like is the Olicamp Xcelerator Titanium Stove available from Amazon for $62.95.  It is a remote canister design weighing in at 3.5 oz.  The remote canister configuration makes it a lot easier to use with a windscreen compared to a sit on top stove.  I used one last summer on a five night backpacking trip in Lassen park and it performed flawlessly. We cooked for three people both breakfast and supper with some extensive simmering as one of the people was into gourmet backpacking food.  This stove simmers beautifully btw. Our Snowpeak 250 canister lasted the whole trip with a lot left over.  This stove is made by the Fire Maple company in China and I understand they also make a version that can be used with inverted canisters for cold weather use. So if someone was interested in that you could find information on the internet.  Here is the stove I have, highly recommended:  http://www.amazon.com/Olicamp-329015-Xcelerator-Titanium-Stove/dp/B007S3MHI0/ref=sr_1_11?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1390918246&sr=1-11&keywords=olicamp