[pct-l] snow inNorthern CA

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 13:27:10 CST 2014

Mark wrote:

That said has there been a year when it really was n to possible to
get\carry enough water to safely make the trip?

As far as I know, the answer is no, there has never been a year when it
wasn't feasible to thru-hike without caches.  Yeah, water is heavy, and
yeah, some sources are located inconveniently off-trail, but it's not *that*
hard to hike 30 miles on a single load of water if there are no other
alternatives.

I don't know what this coming year will bring, though - 2013 was officially
the driest calendar year in 119 years of California rainfall records
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/31/2013-dry-california_n_4525573.html
) so it's possible that some key "permanent" sources might not be.  We'll
have to wait and see, I guess.

Eric