[pct-l] Spicy Trail Mix Recipe

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 23:20:43 CST 2014

Maybe a better word for a spicy trail mix would be "Savory" trail mix?

While hiking the Appalachia Trail and resupplying in towns I happened upon
this.  I would buy peanuts, corn nuts, flavored pretzel nibs, soy nuts,
roasted sunflower seeds, sesame sticks or anything along those lines and
throw them all together for a nice tasty savory mix, nothing sweet!  The
flavor was incredible but sometimes the salt got to me so I learned to buy
no salt peanuts, pretzels, and the salt from the corn nuts and something
else was enough to flavor the entire mix.

I ate my raisins or dried fruit separately.