[pct-l] 2014 or 2015

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 00:27:44 CST 2014

Karen,

Great attitude!  Prep for a hike to Canada but forget the goal and just go
camping.  Start early so you can enjoy the hiking without worrying about
the schedule so much.  With the flexibility to wait till snows melt to your
comfort level, you can enjoy a relatively leisurely hike across the deserts
and don't attempt the Sierra till you're ready and the snows are where you
feel comfortable. Set out to see every part of the PCT and love however
long it takes.  If the drought holds, you'll be glad to have done the
deserts early and be able to enter the Sierra early as well.  I started way
overweight and lost 35 lbs on the hike, getting faster and stronger and
lighter everyday I walked north.  Wonderful to see you back on the trail!!!

Shroomer