[pct-l] Extra oil that you carry

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 16:43:53 CST 2014

More about food choices.  1/2 cup of pecans gives you 440 calories just short of 400 of those from fat   You also get 6 grams of protein. I don't get hiker hunger until about a month into a long hike.  At high altitude I have to make myself eat   When I go to town I hit the market first for fresh fruit and salad.  Otherwise being hungry makes some hikers fill up on junk.  That will come back to bite you in injury and exhaustion   Carrying cabbage or carrots out of town works great   I haven't done it lately but used to sprout mixed sprouts in a ziplock with holes in it pinned to back of my pack. As long as there is good water and it's not too hot it's lovely in wraps or on top of my tacos. Marmot

Sent from my iPhone