[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 73, Issue 5

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Sun Jan 5 22:07:29 CST 2014

Karen

I'm also a big toss and turner while sleeping and find that sleeping under a quilt to be a big advantage over using a mummy bag .... a lot more freedom of movement.
If a quilt allows drafts then sew on a 4" draft stopper. All this needs to be is a strip of single layer nylon along the sides of the quilt. That makes the quilt 8" wider with very little additional weight.
I use my homemade quilt and also a 30* Marmot Plazma as a bag or as a  quilt.
It might be helpful to watch my YouTube videos on my sleep system.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQiZNV5gyY
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1izgjQM3hk

Recently I have been thinking of adding a patch of hook and loop tape to the hood and bag of the Plazma. This would be used to hold the hood out of the way while using it as a quilt and keep my face from being buried in the hood during the night.

'til later
Jon (Gandalf)