[pct-l] sleeping bag vs quilt

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 13:50:43 CST 2014

I have a Go-lite ultra 20 quilt. I was given a Ray Jardine bomber hat
sewing kit and the resulting hat has served me very well to keep me
warm when sleeping in my quilt. Additionally, in the colder months, I
have a Jacks-R-Better wearable 45 degree quilt. I can either loop the
straps of my Go-lite quilt through the loops of the JRB quilt so that
they operate as a unit or, more usually, I can just drape the JRB
quilt on top of me. It's a little wider than the Go-lite. With the
two quilts I am super toasty warm and the JRB quilt is warmer for
hanging around camp than a regular down jacket and weighs about the
same. I sort of toss and turn a lot. I have trouble sleeping any
other way than on my back because otherwise I will slobber all over
everything. But I still toss around trying to find a comfortable
position. Drafts were a problem on colder nights before my layered
quilt solution.