[pct-l] Winter Hiking the Mojave?

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 09:50:52 CST 2014

I attempted a hike from 58 Willow Springs rd north to Walker Pass a few  years ago between Christmas and New Years   Choose to bail because the water at Golden Oak was frozen (figured Blue Bird was worse)and the trail was covered in ice. But this year it is so warm I think if you willing to carry water that whole area from 138 north to 178 can  be hiked.  There are lots of ATVers from whom to yogi water. Have a great hike.  Reminding everyone. ALDHAWEST is having a winter ruck in Feb at Casade Locks--PCT/CDT info ,slide shows, help figuring out how to do the trails. Look at our website for dates/registration we are all about helping people hike long trails.   Marmot

Sent from my iPhone