[pct-l] Waterlogged

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 08:30:46 CST 2014

EXCELLENT ADVICE PEOPLE!!!

Finally, reason and sanity to combat the electrolyte water madness!  This
should be required reading for everyone hiking the PCT!  No one needs to
fall for the marketing hype of needing prepackaged electrolytes!  In
excess, these are probably more harmful!  It is far better to get
everything from the food we eat and drink when we're thirsty!

Diane:  Every year, people ask about water and "electrolytes".  Can you
forward this to them?  I think it would be helpful as no one believes me
when I try to list electrolytes in common hiker foods and tell people stuff
like this, hyponatremia etc.