[pct-l] PCT Elevation gain/loss Stats

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 23 16:00:20 CST 2014

Porsche,

Well- that didn’t work out as well as I thought it would.

The first page of each section has the gains and loses for that section, but nothing for the entire trail.

Whiteblaze had a figure for the PCT of well over 600,000 feet, but I could not find a source for the data.

Another AT site had the figure at a little over 300,000 feet. That’s when I quit looking due to the discrepancies.

Adding the figures of each section from Half Mile’s maps will give you your answer with a modest effort.

<>Paint<>