[pct-l] Idylwild alternate route?

shelly skye shelbel26 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:00:48 CST 2014

I've been chatting with a friend in Idylwild and she thinks there might be
a way to bypass some road walking by cutting off of 74 at Hurkey Creek and
taking a trail north from there to May Road which one could either walk
till you get to Idylwild or possibly take the South Ridge trail to the PCT
and over to Saddle Junction and down to Hummer Park. Or take May Valley
road to the southern part of the South Ridge trail and hop off at the South
Ridge trailhead and then hike neighborhood roads into Idylwild. Anyone else
have knowledge of these options or if the FS map we are looking at is way
off base?

--
Shelly