[pct-l] Current Tahoe Backcountry Recon

Paint Your Wagon n801yz at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 16:52:24 CST 2014

Ned!

Rock on with your bad self!

Your report was inspiring and brought a certain “I” as in “I- the winter
skills trainee” feel to it.
Put another way- it’s as if one of us was there beside you.
Whew! Digging the snow.

How about some gory details?

Did you have to have any permits?
How many warm bodies participated?
How many 3 season tents versus 4 season tents were there on the trek?
How much water are hikers carrying and why?
How many days of food were needed?
How many days are you out in the bush?
Who had stoves and how much fuel were they carrying, and what kind?
What was the ingress and what was the egress routes used?
Who had snowshoes?
How many had crampons and ice axes?
Did anyone also have micro spikes?
What navigational tools did the group use?
Are you packing that poo out or able to bury it, inquiring minds want to
know?
How many hikers brought a shovel?
Was there any brandy?
What about snow bunnies?
Any Playboy bunnies take the course?
For the lady hikers... any Chippendale bunnies of the male variety present?

Come on Ned- you’re teasing us with those skimpy reports.
We want the straight skinny and we want it NOW!

<>Paint<>