[pct-l] Hydration & Electrolyte Replacement Strategy

walt Durling durlfam4 at icloud.com
Sun Feb 16 06:27:30 CST 2014

Thumper.   I agree that only using a bottle for adding mixes to your water is better; easier to keep a clean bladder and easier to add correct amount of the mix.  Besides, I don't think you need to consume that much electrolyte mixture.  The old saying about "too much of a good thing" applies here.

The problem with commercial electrolyte mixes is that many come with added refined sugars and all sorts of chemicals which have nothing to do with hydration.  Not so good.  Many athletes make their own mixtures, and the internet is chock full of them.  To me, when I'm hiking, setting aside the time and effort isn't cost effective, but that's a personal choice.

Hopefully you'll get some good recommendations from your post.  You might go over to Ultimate Replenisher website.  Their product isn't cheap, but it isn't the most expensive, either.  Keystone

Sent from my iPad