[pct-l] Writing on the trai

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 19:58:22 CST 2014

I brought a small notebook about the size of a quarter piece of paper
with about 300 pages. I went through about 4 of them. I used a
mechanical pencil and went through a few of those. A mechanical
pencil was always sharp. It was better to have a pencil than a pen
because I ended up taking a few unexpected swims. The journal dried
out and the pages with ink on them were empty of text, but not the
pages with pencil. I wrote at night in my tent with my dinner. Later
I used what I wrote as notes as I wrote my online journal, combining
my notes and my recent memories. Later I took both the online and the
paper and together constructed another document. Then I made my
"books" out of that.

Of course I was always composing in my head as I walked, too.

Good luck!