[pct-l] Section N: Humboldt Summit to Carter Spring.

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 21:59:54 CST 2014

Charles;

There were not very many trees down in this short section I did.. Mostly black ice on the trail
was a bigger problem for me while hiking. However, there were two down trees just south of
carter springs. About perhaps 100 yards, and 120 yards? Perhaps we can work together,
as I day hike these sections from time to time (La Porta Rd (Quincy) though Burney Falls.
(I don't know where your beginning and end points are on your trail maintenance.)

Roberts Spring is about 1 mile North of Humboldt Summit. Just after you finish going down,
and hit a flat spot. I hiked in 2005, so both Roberts and Cub springs were both new to
me since doing the thru hike.

-Mountain Goat-

Forwarded Message from Charles Williams:
That's in the section that we Backcountry Horsement of California members log out each year.
So I've found Cub Spring and am familiar with that section.  But I don't remember Roberts Spring.
Where is it located?  Also , if you could remember, were there many trees down?