[pct-l] Foot Ready

walt Durling durlfam4 at icloud.com
Sun Feb 9 13:16:20 CST 2014

Mary. The little toes on my feet tend to rub together causing hot spots.  I especially need to ensure my toenails are always trimmed or I'll pay the price quickly.  A couple of weeks ago I developed a blister on my left pinkie. I was surprised since it wasn't all that painful and I thought it was only a hot spot.  Your advice about larger size shoes for long distance hiking is crucial.

What I've also found is that by using a foot powder/gel my feet also seem much happier (I had forgotten to put some on the other day when I got the blister).  Awhile back I came across Anti-Monkey Butt anti-friction powder.  Its a talc/calamine powder which can be used in any places on one's body which chafes.  It's cheaper than the other more frequently mentioned foot products - 6 ozs for about 6 bucks.  It does a good job for me lubricating between my toes.  When I wear merino wool or coolmax-type fabrics, my feet rarely sweat.  Because it's a powder, I'm unsure how it would work when the feet are wet - probably wouldn't hurt but probably wouldn't help, either.  Walt

Sent from my iPad