[pct-l] Hiker Funeral

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 12:41:51 CST 2014

One day Grizzly and TrailDust went to the funeral for thehusband of a hiking friend.  Her husband,Old HyperLight, had not passed away on the trial, but from partying too muchwith  fast women, hot pizza, and cold brews at the local trailtown saloon.  He overdosed partying with his bros one night.
Grizzly and TrailDust greeted the widow at the funeral homeand expressed their sincere condolences. Then TrailDust asked her friend if she was going to do what OldHyperLight had always asked for at his funeral. “Are you going to bury him with the $50,000 he asked to be put in hiscoffin?”
“Certainly, dear, it is what he always wanted and I have torespect his wishes.  He always talkedabout that and saved a little money every month for his funeral.”
“Wow, you are certainly a better wife than I would be after hepartied himself to death.”
The widow replies, “Well, it is the least I can do now.  I will now place this small wood box in thecoffin.”
TrailDust: “That is really touching.  But that is a very small box.  How did you get $50,000 in it?”
“I wrote him a check.”