[pct-l] Insole-nt Question

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 08:30:45 CST 2014

My experience has been similar to the others, although I did not have
PF. My feet just hurt really bad the more supportive the shoes were.
I had to quit the trail because of foot pain and I fixed it by never
wearing stiff or supportive shoes ever again.

These days I've been wearing some cheap NB minimus shoes. The only
problem I had was the other day doing trail work I stepped on a dry
branch that had large thorns and one went right through to my foot
and stuck there until I could take off my shoe. Ouch. But it's not
like that's going to happen on the PCT.

I think cutting some insoles from a piece of vegetable tanned leather
would work. I bought some at Tandy a while back when they had a sale.
If I were hiking the PCT again, I still think I might carry some
cushioning insoles for road walks. Those are murder on the feet.