[pct-l] Start time

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Tue Feb 4 09:00:47 CST 2014

 On 02/03/14, CClark wrote:
So the only time we can get time off work is from mid June to mid August. Yet we are very eager to hike SoCal [either Sections A-B-D or D-E-F] because we have completed all the other sections of the PCT except those six.

Would we be really foolish to try to complete D-E-F between about June 14 to July 4? We are old, but we are still able to hike 20 miles a day carrying a full load of water.

Is the water report still being updated that late in the season?

To paraphrase what Diane said in another post, the PCT is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

Expect heat, though. If you can carry enough water, it's doable. You can reasonable expect temps to hit 100 in the lower elevations.

Gary