[pct-l] SPOT

Lisa Peru lisaperu2011 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:24:07 CDT 2014

SPOT has maps showing their coverage areas,
http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=108, which are clearly NOT
merely southern. Using their service for five years now (including both N.
WA and Maine), I have not had trouble, aside from few times I tried using a
hotel window, was in a deep canyon, or let the batteries run low (since I
hardly every change them). I might go with InReach if I bought a new unit,
just for the 2-way abilities and not needing to link to a smartphone. But
reliability has not been an issue with the SPOT for me.

PS: Would y'all mind trimming your replies to the list? Pretty please!