[pct-l] Weather for Kick Off

Lyn Turner thelyn at icloud.com
Sun Apr 27 21:29:01 CDT 2014

I've been tearing my hair out about which tent to take...Camping conditions in the UK are probably a bit different (think rain and more rain, and maybe some sleet for a change). Also not sure about my own tarp setup skills! Going with the Wild Country 3 season Helios, which is heavier than a tarp (1.5kg) but easy setup and pretty well bombproof in terms of weather. Also I know how to pitch the thing.

Not completely convinced by the ultra light tarp craze. I'd rather have a tent, I think, which gives me a trouble-free night's snooze than something that struggles when the wind gets up. Even if it weighs a few extra ounces.

Right, that's my 10 cent's worth, and it's now 3.30am over here,

G'nite, all, and happy trails.

Sent from my iThing