[pct-l] Alcohol and Esbit Stoves

Wolfgang Greystoke wolfgangg at email.com
Thu Apr 10 15:40:27 CDT 2014

Can you control the flame length and temperature of an alcohol stove? Why YES, YES I CAN! It is actually quite easy with the right stove. Just like canster stoves, some only have a ON/OFF no flame control. And if your canster stove is not running 100% Liquid Propane Gas (LPG) then your in voilation of the regs AS WRITTEN. Wolfman, and yea this is pissing me off.

JPL, for the last time, "controlled flame devise' Can you control the flame length and temperature of an Esbit or alcohol stove? I don't even need to mention an on/off valve for the answer to be NO to both of those stoves. The BLM directive is clear as to what type of stove is allowable and which is not. Be safe and do the right thing. Terry