[pct-l] parking near southern terminus

Marian Harmon marianharmon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 22:29:10 CDT 2014

He probably meant Forest Gate Road, as the trail kind of follows near that
road for a bit. I think the checkpoint mentioned is located at Forest Gate
and Jeb Stuart Lane, just as the trail leaves Forest gate and heads
northwest up the hill and over to the 94. You can't miss it because there
are BC vehicles all over the place. If that is the point, then that's about
1.5 miles north of the terminus... so I wouldn't exactly say it's 5 minutes
away, unless they have a newer checkpoint farther south? There's also a
Post Office right there, too. I'm sure with some advanced permission,
somebody will let you park in the area. I haven't been down there for some
time though, so maybe there have been changes? If the BP people will let
you park there, just be sure to get a name or something..or permission from
somebody in charge so you're covered. Worst case, try to get permission to
park at the Stone Store museum which is on county land? That's about 2
miles north of the terminus. It's off trail a bit, but reasonably close.
http://www.co.san-diego.ca.us/parks/campostone.html