[pct-l] Hiking shoes and inserts

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Thu Sep 26 12:19:42 CDT 2013

	I have been using  Yoursole insoles (with the signature of Ed
Viesturs) for about three years. I use the high volume insoles that
are a little thicker. It stopped my ball of foot pain that used to
occur after about 10 miles. They are pricey but they last--I am still
using a pair I bought last spring and put over 700 miles on. The
insoles combined with a shoe with a wide toebox cured all my foot
problems--pain and blisters .I use Merrill Moab low top shoes. They
are heavier than trail runners. They resist scuffing and wear and tear
from repetitive foot motion very well. They last me about 500 miles .I
replace them because the internal padding on the sole gets flattened,
but the exterior still is ok.They then become my day hike/garden work
shoes. I also switched to men's shoes--I was  wearing a woman's size
9 and switched to a men's size 9.5.

	--Fireweed