[pct-l] Hitchhiking hints

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 11:19:26 CDT 2013

I'm in the early stages of what I hope will be a long series of section
hikes, but starting out slowly (I'm 69, male) with short two and three day
jaunts.  I've done the first 60 miles, so now I want to leave my car in
Julian, CA, and hitchhike up to the Sunrise Trailhead, then hike over to
Scissors Crossing, camping one night along the way, then hitchhike back to
Julian.

So what *hints and cautions* do experienced PCT hikers have *about
hitchhiking*?  Do you show a sign that says "PCT Hiker?"  Do you decline
some rides--for example, if a boisterous, bleary-eyed guy has an open beer
can in his cupholder?

Manzanita