[pct-l] New Wanna-be Thru-hiker

Anthony Biegen ajbiegen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:23:48 CDT 2013

Danny wrote:

You people on this list never seam to amaze me! You talk shit to people who
are looking for good advice, and belittle good advice from seasons thru
hikers like Fireweed! If you can't contribute descent wisdom keep your fing
 preverbal mouth shut! No one wants to hear from a$$ holes!!! Please!

---------------------------

Uncalled for Danny. Last year Diane and Shroomer were the top posters to
this list and their help is the most highly appreciated. Perhaps you are
taking the comment about dumpster diving too personally. Diane, Shroomer,
Yoshihiro and I did a little section of the CDT through Glacier this
summer. I had forgotten my drink bottles in our car and was bummed about
not being able to make any of my drinks or shakes. We camped near a boat
dock where tourists stop off on the boat tour of the lake. I was able to
grab a couple of Gatorade bottles from the dumpster, rinse them out and use
them. We all laughed about how through hikers see a dumpter as a perfectly
legitimate resource for gear. So that statement about dumpster diving
wasn't meant as a personal slight.

We all wish that we could hike without spending money. In fact I mentioned
that to Shroomer in Glacier. My perfect vacation involves no money and no
driving. Four days into our hike I was doing a 300 mile shuttle and eating
at a pricy restaurant.

The PCT or any long trail can't be done with no money. Period. Impossible.
If it was, we certainly would have heard about it here. But as Diane
pointed out people have crossed the country with no money. Again, that's
just a statement of fact - no reflection or insult to anyone.

TrailHacker

--
Best,

Tony