[pct-l] Sandle

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 17:05:35 CDT 2013

I wore Chacos here and there always with wool socks.
- San Jacinto/Fuller Ridge area twice
- Big Bear/Deep Creek area
- Between Bishop Pass and Duck Pass in the High Sierra
- Northern California between Buck Summit and Highway 36
- On other hikes not on the PCT

My impression: Happy but dirty feet, gotta wear socks or else the
straps chafe my feet, great for crossing streams, crossing streams
when it's snowing/raining is cold but not too bad, very bad on icy
snow, soft, melty snow balls up under toes, sandals with socks are
the worst thing ever in foxtails (watch where you go off trail to pee).