[pct-l] New Wanna-be Thru-hiker

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 16:59:32 CDT 2013

On Sep 22, 2013, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> From: "L. Michele Scott" <historywench at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] New Wanna-be Thru-hiker
> I have the usual debt, we all do. But how did you all swing the
> hike and keep your finances in order?

We don't all have debt. I had 2 years worth of income saved up (which
was actually 4 years worth of life) and when I quit my job to hike,
all I had to do was leave a few blank checks lying around for my at-
home logistics person (TrailHacker) to fill out and send in for my
bills. I dreamed of hiking the PCT since 1975 when I was 10 years
old. I did it when I had the means, that's all.