[pct-l] Mexico to Palm Springs

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 19:20:19 CDT 2013

Yes, it is worth doing.

You can do it starting mid-march most years. During a high snow year
that may be a little early. You can do it in February up to Pines to
Palms Highway. The San Jacintos are close to 10,000 feet so that's
what limits an early start time.

You can do it in fall, too. If you do it before we've had a good rain
storm, there will not be much water for you. If you want to hike in
November, it'll be similar to February, including the limitation of
snow blocking your way in the San Jacintos, but with probably warmer
daytime temperatures.

Enjoy the desert.