[pct-l] Mexico to Palm Springs

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Thu Sep 19 10:35:24 CDT 2013

I have been section hiking the CDT for years.  I am just starting to look at
the PCT, ordered my first guide book this week.

I would appreciate some suggestions on when to hike the section from Mexico
up to Palm Springs/Hwy 10.

What is the earliest one can do this hike?  Or would it be better to hike it
in late fall/winter?  I have the time and prefer quality in the hike.

And maybe this section isn't even worth doing?  I did enjoy liking up from
the border in New Mexico and wonder how southern CA compares.

-Trew