[pct-l] Isobutane Canister performance

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Tue Sep 17 10:35:05 CDT 2013

 On 09/12/13, Brick Robbins wrote:

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM, David Thibault <dthibaul07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hate to say this but when I got to a town I'd just determine how many
> days to the next resupply and eyeball the amount of fuel I'd pour into my
> fuel bottle (I use an alcohol stove). I never gave it more than about 10
> seconds of thought.

Lets see: that would be because you can see you fuel through the clear
bottle, and you can choose how much to carry, instead of having to
deal with partially filled opaque metal canisters. One of the great
benefits of the evil alcohol stove :-)

I just give my canister a few shakes and I can tell what's up.

Ran into Peanutbutter Platypus in Oregon this summer at Snow(?) Lakes. She set her stove up for dinner, carefully cleaning a spot in the dirt, and then building a moat around her stove. She's certainly not going to burn down another SoCal forest operating like that.

She was cruising easy. I hope she met her goal.

Gary