[pct-l] at the "edge"

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 19:14:45 CDT 2013

Dear Diane

I love the Low Gear Song. It may be funny, but it contains much truth. My
wife was about died with laughter when she read this song. I usually go
slow anything, gradually my engine get warm, then nobody cannot stop me. I
am not so strong. I know my strength and weakness, then I carry my backpack
with my pelvis. I do not use shoulder muscles. My max load may be 80
pounds, I do not care about the weight, when it is less than 55 pounds.

My backpack system is  Altra 65+ Ribz Front pack.

https://sites.google.com/site/completewalkerequipment/home/2-backpack/ribz-frontpack

But, I think it is too huge. I bought Osprey Volt 75( light and comfortable
pack) at REI in Seattle , and thinking about the combination of Volt 75 and
Ribz

Now, natto is a fermented soybeans.  There are three kind of natto:
  1. normal natto. It is not dry, but seldom rot. I sometimes bring this
natto to the mountain.
  2. natural dry natto. I used this natto two years ago. It is expensive,
smells very much, but tastes great.
  3. frieze dry natto. I  used this summer. smells less, tastes less. I
bought a restaurant use product.

Natto is widely eaten in the eastern part of Japan. At first, I dislike
this taste. But, I gradually accustomed this smell.

The soybean contains a lot of lysin of essential amino acids, and the
polished rice contains little lysin. That is,  if we rely on either food,
we cannot compose enough protein. But when we eat rice and soybean at the
same time, we can take enough lysin, and we can utilize all the essential
amino acids. That is, we can compose enough protein. The percentage of
utilization of amino acids is called "protein score".

There are several soybean products: natto, tofu, miso. There is dry tofu (
Koyadofu) . I recommend to eat rice with soybean product at the same time.
Then you can absorb much protein.

The recipe of JMT bread is here.
https://sites.google.com/site/completewalker/equipments/dining/bread

Reinhold insisted me to disclose. The English translation was very
difficult for me. I am planning to move this site, but I have not enough
time.

The  use of sesame oil as incense is a Chinese way.  My food is also a very
simplified version of Chinese and Japanese cooking.

--
Sincerely
Low Gear (trail name) ---  Low Gear Song was written by Diane with Trail

Hiro   ( the short name of Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )
facebook  http://www.facebook.com/completewalker
Blogs  http://completewalker.blogspot.jp/
Photo  https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/
Backpacking since 1980 in Japan, A foreign member of PCTA;  JMT( 2009,
2010, 2011, 2012), Wind River Range, Glacier NP (2013)