[pct-l] at the "edge"

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 08:05:46 CDT 2013

I never thought to look in K-mart for the bidet. But seeing as how
impossible it was to find one on a google search, they probably don't
have such a thing in the US.

JPL, you can get toasted sesame oil at almost any grocery store. It's
the secret ingredient to making anything taste Japanese. Don't cook
with it, just add a little at the end for flavor.

Betty, a vegan version ought to have natto for authenticity. If you
can stand eating beans that taste like stinky socks.

On Sep 13, 2013, at 11:37 PM, Scott Williams wrote:

> OK Diane, you've got to publish the "Low Gear Song" since he's
> mentioned it.

Okay. Not sure the pct-l will see as much value in a song about our
trip and about Yoshihiro, but at least it proves that ultralight
hikers who hike too fast do have a lot of time to do silly things
like write songs.

Low Gear Song

Here comes Low Gear with his big boots on
He took his pack off and I put it on

Here comes Low Gear with his 3 course meal
He eats it all with a lot of zeal

Here comes Low Gear with his camera out
He takes the best pictures without a doubt

Takes pictures of his dinner and pictures of the view
Pictures of me and pictures of you

Here comes Low Gear within satellite range
Posting notes to his Facebook page

Tap tap tap on his little device
To ease the fears of his Japanese wife

Here comes Low Gear with his natto and rice
He eats healthy to please his wife

Here comes Low Gear with his gaiters to his knees
Dreams of junk food with American cheese

Here comes Low Gear with all his gear
Cooking gourmet style there and here

Gotta take a picture, gotta post a shot
Japanese cuisine served up hot

Here comes Low Gear professor of Psych
"Too fast Americans I dislike"

Here comes Low Gear powerin' round the bend
Rocks and dust a-flyin', there's a buffet at the end