[pct-l] Williamson attempting to regain unsupported PCT

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 19:02:52 CDT 2013

Yes, I think that all this focus on records is stupid, as in
pointless or probably more precisely, as unimportant. The hikers
themselves that have made such remarkable achievements? I have
nothing but admiration for them. I admire anyone who has taken time
out of the scripted life we're expected to lead to do something
amazing and wonderful. I met a guy last night who walked from
Newfoundland to Mexico through all 48 US States. I asked if he hiked
the AT. He said he did the whole thing on roads with almost no
hitchhiking. Wow!