[pct-l] eating rats to live

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Sep 9 18:00:41 CDT 2013

Nikki,
It's just all in your mind.
In India they have a hang-up about eating cows and dairy products...the
rest of
the world does not have a problem eating cows ore dairy products.
In some societies similar hang ups exist about eating dogs, horse meat or
cannibalism.

So you see, it's all in your mind.

Meat is meat...lots of protein....just what a hiker needs after a long
day on the
trail.
And who knows, rolled in garlic sauce, sprinkled with cheese and fried
over an
open fire rats  MIGHT  just be tastier than Mountain House.
But you will never know until you tried one.
So next time you go camping bring a few rat traps along...there are lots
of rats
in the wilderness.

Hhhmmm.....let me see now....this could be a brand new revolutionary UL way
to hike the trail....UNSUPPORTED.....living of the land.
All you do is set a few traps in the evening and in the morning you
have  your
food for the day.
This is dynamite....almost as good as Chickens on a leash.
The good thing about chickens on a leash,...chickens lay eggs,...so every
morning you have fresh eggs and every evening you have a chicken in the pot.
The problem with chickens on a leash is you have to make sure you always
have at least one rooster in your flock to insure reproduction, so you
don't run
out of chickens before you get to Canada.

But  "RATS", rolled  in garlic sauce, sprinkled with cheese and fried
over an
open fire sounds mighty tempting.

I better get a patent for..."Fried Rats...rolled in garlic sauce and
sprinkled with
cheese" before Dicentra beats me to the punch.
I already have the patent for chickens on a leash.

This is going to put Mountain House and Dicentra out of business.
There is no way they will be able to match the flavor of fried rats,
rolled in garlic
sauce and sprinkled with cheese.

JMT Reinhold
Your back country gourmet chef